Adressing

timodc

Just started working with the Siemens PLC 115U - CPU942B.

I have:
0: 16x 115/230V AC 1A (465-7LA 11)
1,2: 32x DC 24V 0,5A (441-7LA 12)
3: Analoge input: 16/8 channels (465-7LA 13)

This is a better view of the whole PLC/control:
http://stud.hro.nl/0762476/rek.JPG

My question:
I can't figur out, how I can let the PLC proces the Input (of a couple of Volts on the Analog Input) to an Output (of 0/1 on one of the Digital Outputs)? I know you have fixed addresses for the Analog Input (in this case: Slot 3 = 224-255), but how do I use them? Does anyone have a good example?

friendly greetings,

Timo

Last edited:
Hello timodc.

To get an analog input into the PLC, you can use the system function block FB250. You have to specify slot, channel number, the upper and lower limits of the scaled value, and where to store the scaled value.

edit:
You can also access the unscaled value via the in/out image (EWxxx). But you probably better scale the input to engineering values as the first thing.

To control a digital output from an analog input can be done in may ways.
One could be to test for below or above a limit value.

Last edited:
rthiyagu_00 said:
what is the DO you are requiring for yr systeam. Is it limit value monitoring or some thing else? Pl. eloborate

It's more for practicing.. I'm now in my third year of the Higher Education Engineer here in the Netherlands.. that's the third of the four years... and I never got any information on PLC's.. or lessons.. or what so ever.. and now I'm trying to educate myself in the world of the PLC's.. :) so I don't really have specs of "my" machine.. it's just trying stuff out :)

in anyway.. thanks for all the information.. if anyone has anything else that can get me on my way.. please :)

greetings TiMo