Data Logging with Panelview Plus 700

mulderm

Hello,

I have a machine with a Panelview Plus 700 using for Alarm
messages.
Now I want to Log data of the machine so I can see the Status
and the Alarm messages with the time of the machine on the end of the day.
Is this possible?
And can I store this to the compact-flash card?
Is 128 MB capacity enough?
At the end of the day I will this import to Excel.

mulderm

You can build an Alarm History screen that will save the Alarms and messages, with time stamps, until they are cleared.

You can log data on a compact-flash for sure, by setting up a Data Log Model in RSView Studio. Whether or not 128MB is enough depends on how much data you want to store.

Keep in mind, that its not a simple procedure to export the data to Excel after it is logged. You have to do run 2 data conversions before Excel can read the data, and it takes several minutes, depending on how much data there is.

$

Making a formula in RSLogix 5

Hello,

I have a formula: y = -0,36x + 610

How must I program this in RSLogix5 without Floating Point
but using integers?
Example: x=N7:0 and Y=N7:1

mulderm