Some QX Developer help please

kevbloke

Hello, i have a problem connecting to any plc on site because when i do i get this message :-
" An unusable com port was specified. Execute again after checking com port setting." <ES:01808009>.

I have had this before, and it was right. The com port setting had indeed been changed to com port2, when it should be com port 1.
So i changed it and away i went happy.

I have ensured it is in com port 1 and have tried changing it to com port 2 and back again, but no joy this time.

Any ideas please.

are you sure of that? can you open that port in Hyperterminal for example?
RSLinx is just first thing that comes to mind but thre are so many other programs (ActiveSync etc.) that like to attach themself...
Also if something was able to reassign that port from Com1 to Com2, it sure should be able to assign it to Com29...
What are the available com ports according to Windows? (Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager, Ports)

are you sure of that? can you open that port in Hyperterminal for example?
RSLinx is just first thing that comes to mind but thre are so many other programs (ActiveSync etc.) that like to attach themself...
Also if something was able to reassign that port from Com1 to Com2, it sure should be able to assign it to Com29...
What are the available com ports according to Windows? (Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager, Ports)

After following this path if you go to the driver tab you can uninstall the driver and restart your computer, that takes care of it for me.

Hope this helps,

-Dave