SLC 505 and Half Duplex

STACgirl

I can not seem to get my SLC 505 to go into Half Duplex. Does anyone have a suggestion or two? I'm really in a bind here.

Thanks in advance for your help!:geek:

I assume that you have tried pulling up the channel configuration
box and select the chan 0 tab??? Also might have to be done
offline and then downloaded.

Are you referring to 10 Mbps/Half-Duplex or 100 Mbps/Half-Duplex on Ch. 1 Ethernet port? If so, make sure the autonegotiate check box is unchecked and either 10 Mbps or 100 Mbps - Half Duplex is selected in Port Settings in the Ch. 1 - System tab. A note of warning: the older SLC 5/05's used to be ONLY 10 Mbps/Half-Duplex, and unless you had a managed ethernet switch with the switch port for the 5/05 forced to 10 Mbps/Half, it could cause communications time-outs/losses when a programming PC was connected online.

Click on Channel Configuration:

Make Changes then click apply

For DF1 Half Duplex Slave Channel 0

DF1HalfDuplexSlave.jpg

For DF1 Half Duplex Master Channel 0

DF1HalfDuplexMaster.jpg

Thanks for the replies!

Mickey, that is exactly how I have made the changes, but when I apply the change in RSLogix, RSLinx puts a red X on my AB DF1 device in the RSWho.

In the past I remember being able to do this, but it doesn't seem to accept the setting any more.

mgvol, I have tried unsuccessfully to connect to the Ethernet port for a while, with no luck there.

I did go through and set the PLC back to default by shorting it, and it works in full duplex, but I haven't had any success to get it to accept and use these settings.

Thanks for the help!

Once you've set up Ch. 0 for DF1 Half-Duplex and downloaded, you're probably going to have to change your RSLinx DF1 driver to half-duplex (it defaults to full-duplex). As far as Ethernet, if this is a new CPU, you will have to set up the ethernet comms and download serially the first time. Or you can use the BOOT/P-DHCP utility to set up the CPU's I.P. address.

Are you changing it to a DF1 slave or Master. If slave then you nedd to go back to RSLinx and change the driver your using to DF1 Master

DF1Master.jpg

Don't know if I am stating the obvious, if you want to go directly to the PLC Ethernet you will need a crossover cable or a switch.

Peter