GE Fanuc Series 3 PLC

pascar

Is there anybody in North America who would have equipment to load a program from an obsolete GE Fanuc Series 3 PLC?

pascar.

Do you have a copy of the program? If so, what is the format? I believe you can only load automatically with a cassette tape. Otherwise, I believe you will need to manually input with a handheld programmer.
Steve Bailey is the GE Guru , I'm sure he can expand on this for you.
🍻

Are you trying to get the program out of an existing Series Three so you can translate it? If so, every Series Three has a programmer attached. You can step through the program and transcribe by hand.

Beyond that, there were two other vehicles for programming the Series Three. One was the Portable programmer IC610PRG110. You would also need the Series Three program Pack IC610PRG117 and appropriate cables.

The other was Logicmaster Three software which was so buggy that GE Fanuc withdrew it from the market rather than commit any resources to fixing it. The Series Three never developed much of a following.

Try calling around to GE Fanuc distributors who have carried the product line for a long time. You might find someone who still has a portable programmer hiding in a dark corner. You might also check at PLCCenter.com, Qualitrol.com, or on eBay.

Thanks gentlemen for your quick reply.

Forget about GE and Qualitrol. I did not know about PLCCenter.com, I'll check it out.
As for E-Bay, I know Christmas time is coming up... never know.. a miracle...

Many thanks to you.