question about old simatic 305dy

22 r

hi everyone in the forum i live here in honduras and i work in a sewing company and my question is this :
i am repairing a machine that an old plc simatic 305dy control all the neumatic actuators through electrovalves or solenoids those electrovalves are at 110 volts and this plc is a modular one so my question is ¿can i feed electrically speaking 2 electrovalves from the same outlet signal coming from the plc ?i don´t care about the configuration of the variables in the program because i can use the same time for both actuators but i am afraid i can damage the module .the electrovalves are 6.8watts.but i don´t know where to find information about the amps capacity of the outlet.the module is protected inside whit fuses.just for the record this plc is so old that for recording the program you have to use a tape recorder an a counter, but i have to say is very reliable.i really appreciate if anyone can give mean orientation on this.

I bet you will be ok connecting 2 valves. If not you could wire in a relay to the output then use the relay to run both valves. The 305 was sold by many names. It is now supported by Automation Direct. You may be able to get spec's on the outputs from thier website.

www.automationdirect.com

There are several possibilities, so you should check the part number of the output module. The Automation Direct catalog has a cross reference between the Siemens TI part numbers and the current Koyo nimbers.

The standard 8 circuit 110 VAC output module is rated for 1 amp per circuit and has two fuses, one for each group of four outputs. There is also an isolated 110 VAC output rated for 2 amps per circuit with individual fuses. There is an 8-circuit relay output module rated at 4 amps (resistive) per circuit with two fuses, one for each group of four. There is a 16-circuit relay output module rated at 2 amps (resistive) per circuit with no fuses. There are also a couple of UL listed modules with lower current ratings.

CharlesM said:
I bet you will be ok connecting 2 valves. If not you could wire in a relay to the output then use the relay to run both valves. The 305 was sold by many names. It is now supported by Automation Direct. You may be able to get spec's on the outputs from thier website.

Steve BaileyThere are several possibilities, so you should check the part number of the output module. The Automation Direct catalog has a cross reference between the Siemens TI part numbers and the current Koyo nimbers.

thank you both for the information the link that charles m provide were extremely helpful to me in repairing another problem of a plc that suddenly appear in the following week.
the problem was:
machine suddenly stops in the midle of a cycle (in the same address all the time) turning off the display and the cpu in the display just the led of power remain on the rest of the display were off.starting again the machine finished the cycle and after 5 or 6 pieces again the problem.
steps for solution i did ( i am not sure which one really cure the problem.)
cleaning the all unit of plc power supply cpu and modules from oil.
re-soldering colder joints on power supply.
swap cpu whit another cpu to see any improvements didnot work.
fuses of modules were ok.
taking apart the suspected module did not work.
checking electrovalve for short did not work.
bad grounding of the machine (after the current hit me )did not work .the problem were still there.
inserting an end in the address 0 of the program for runing a test of the inputs and outputs i checked the output of the problematic address and the display show me nothing but when i deleted the end of the program the machine start working fine .(this information were in the manual of the plc through the link that charles m provided.)

I don't know how much help I was but sometimes just pointed in the right direction is help enough. Thanks for the follow up post. That will help the next guy when he does a search on a similar problem. I learn so much here but I do find a lot of post that just end with no closing. Good job and glad it helped.