WinCC (v6 - old school!!) question

uptown47

Lifetime Supporting Member
I've got an old WinCC project and I'm trying to check what tag address certain values relate to.

I have a screen that refers to "Pallet_Data_Description" which, when running, translates to an actual value (such as "Pusher Low Speed Set").

I can find the Pallet_Data_Description tag under "Internal Tags" and, if I hover over it, it gives me the text associated with it (see attached image). But if I go into properties of it I can't seem to find where the 'text' is defined nor what actual PLC address it related to?? (see other attached image)

Anyone any ideas?

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/attachment.php?attachmentid=48900&stc=1&d=1536835271

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/attachment.php?attachmentid=48902&stc=1&d=1536835566

Many thanks for any help you can give me on this.

:)

image1.jpg image2.jpg

Take a look in scripts, it's most likely been used there.

Scratch my earlier answer.... you were right!!!!

I was looking in the scripts searching for some of the text that was on the screen. However, I've taking a closer look, there is a VB script that connects to a database and the database contains the text!

So the script is just parsing the text in and then iterating through a loop to set the internal tags.

A big thanks for your help Rob. I wouldn't have got there without you.

Cheers :)

Check the Limits/Reporting tab, there is an option to activate and set a start value.

If it's not set or the value is not the same as the current, then there may be a script anywhere where these variables are set.