VersaMax Micro - Sentrol DPS (door position sensor)

mperu99

Anyone know how to get a versamax to recognize the change of state in a Sentrol DPS (closed = 000.4 Ohms / Open = O.L)
NOT supervised

maybe i dont have it wired correctly? on lead of dps on I1 the other lead on C1 (top connections)

24Vdc on +/- on (bottom connections)

no other looping wires...

Circuit. (normally closed DPS.. when DPS opens(goes false), moves 100 into Register)

%I0001
-----|/|----|------|
...............|..MOV..|-
...............|..INT..|
...............|.........|
...............|..1.....|
...............|.........|
.......100>-|.IN...Q|-< %R0002
...............|------|

Just curious, are you using R0001 for a timer or counter? Timers and counters use 3 registers so if one is designated %R0001 then it will also use R0002 and R0003.

Does it look similar to this?
gemovint.jpg

Hopefully Steve, Russ, or one of the GE gurus will clarify any other issues. I am not sure about the 1 part, it is possible GE does bit moves so you may have to use a length of 3 to place those 3 bits into a register. I will hookup my 90-30 in a little while and test it. I forgot to give the input designation for the NOT bit too.

Last edited:
rsdoran said:
Just curious, are you using R0001 for a timer or counter? Timers and counters use 3 registers so if one is designated %R0001 then it will also use R0002 and R0003.

Does it look similar to this?
gemovint.jpg

Hopefully Steve, Russ, or one of the GE gurus will clarify any other issues. I am not sure about the 1 part.

Yes very similar.. R dont really matter at this point its just a register.. it could be R49 for that matter.. the thing is the input of %I00001 is not seeing the change of state.. and for that matter when i try to short the I1 and C1 together and pull it apart i dont see the input change.

I had to ask, I spent 2 days because I was dumb enough not to pay attention to that aspect.

I mentioned the timer/counter aspect because it is common, if something is using %R0001 then the moved value will will be affected the next scan if using %R0002, in other words faster then you can see.

I have not used a GE unit for awhile nor had time to connect the system I have to test it. If the input is not changing there is a problem, maybe leakage, that condition should ENERGIZE anytime a signal is NOT present.

IF you can "view" the input changing states and the register is not changing appropriately then I suspect (not sure) that WE have the length set improperly...I am keeping this on top hoping the GE gurus will answer. I am going to hookup my system now and test this.

Fixed!!!

rsdoran said:
I had to ask, I spent 2 days because I was dumb enough not to pay attention to that aspect.....

I mentioned the time...I am keeping this on top hoping the GE gurus will answer. I am going to hookup my system now and test this.

I had it wired wrong.. I did not bring a negative loop wire from the bottom of the PLC where (-24vdc) is into the C1 (common) connection, and I did not run one lead of the DPS into the bottom of the PLC where (+24vdc) is. and then the other lead of the DPS goes to I1

Any distributor worth dealing with should be willing to work with you to negotiate volume pricing. Don't assume that you will be able to get the best possible price if you bypass the distributor. Remember that the distributor may have additional customers for the same product and thus even higher volume than you can generate alone. Furthermore, since the distributor deals with the supplier for more products than the one you're buying, he is able to take advantage of any combinations of products that may generate additional discounts. In many cases that can offset his margin.

Is there any particular reason why you revived a thread that's over two years old rather than start a new one?