C-More Recipe Question:

piscis

How can I name the label of a new recipe without connecting cable and downloading program? Let say the customer creates a new recipe using the 10 or so spare buttons inside the C-More.

Now he needs to enter the values for the 5 required ingredients. The button for selecting this recipe was originally named SPARE 8.

How can he rename this label for the new recipe without connecting cables and downloading any program, let’s say that the label name on this button used for downloading the recipe to the PLC will be changed from SPARE 8 to 9843672.

Can this be done? I know Maple-Systems allow you to do this. Can C-More do it?

I looked, and it doesn't seem that it's able to.

Panelview can use "embedded variables" in the text, which I believe would let you put a variable there you could change, basically making the text of the button changable without having to connect to either the PLC or the Panelview (with proper programming of course).

I could not find anything similar in Cmore though.

How about having a Numeric display next to a Pushbutton, the display being the name of the recipe. They could then edit the recipe name on a seperate recipe edit screen (possibly passworded, so recipes could only be changed by authorized personel). This would achive the same effect.

Tharon:

Thanks for the idea; I think that will do it. I wrote to AD but they did not reply, I think It cannot be done any other way.

When it comes to RECIPES I used to hate Ez-Touch and now the C-More because of this. It forces me to go back to the project just to do silly changes like this. Or worse yet it forces the customer to connect to the panel with a Laptop and do the stuff that you are supposed to be doing.

Sure I can just name the spare recipes like this: 1.2.3.4.5….. so on and so forth and then have a customer write a sheet of paper right next to the machine with a legend stating that number 1 means recipe for part number 55A78721F. (Which defeats the purpose of having an operating interface – and some company do not allow legends like this-)