C-More programming and Recipe number entries.

Tharon

I've built a few programs with Recipe databases using the Cmore programming software and some EA7-T6C screens.

When I do standard numeric entry buttons I can limit the value they are allowed to enter in the settings, and the pop up keyboard will display the allowed min/max.

But when I have a numeric value inside a recipe, I cannot find where to limit this entry. Right now I use my PLC to make sure the value is within range when they load the recipe, but they can still edit/save values outside the allowed range in the recipe. And when they open the keyboard to put values in it shows huge min/max values, which are inaccurate for the process.

I've looked through the help files, settings, even tried making custom keyboards and trying to find a place to change which keyboard is loaded when they select that entry. But so far nothing.

I'm using Cmore Programming Software 2.75. I know it's not the latest but so far the release notes I've read have not mentioned this feature.

Unfortunately there is not a way to limit the settings in the recipe object. We have it on our to do list, but I do not have a time frame for when it will be accomplished.

Thanks,

Read through a bunch of topics over at the AutomationDirect forums over the weekend and found a few topics on it. A couple suggested using an event to popup a warning as the operator loaded recipes with values outside the range. Seems doable for now.