SLC5/04 OS401 & 1747-SN B RIO PV900

yasirbc

Hi I'm new to RIO. I'm trying to setup a PV900 with SLC 5/04. I've got the steady green Comm Light. I've configured in RSLogix 500 the G file as Logical Rack 1 G, Group 0, Full Rack. I know i have to set up some sort of block transfers, but BTR & BTW are disabled. I understand this is due to my firmware. I'm stuck here and am not sure how to go on from here, how do i set up the block transfers in RSlogix and what settings do i configure for the block transfer in PV Builder32.

Thanks for the Help
YBC

yasirbc said:
Hi I'm new to RIO. I'm trying to setup a PV900 with SLC 5/04. I've got the steady green Comm Light. I've configured in RSLogix 500 the G file as Logical Rack 1 G, Group 0, Full Rack. I know i have to set up some sort of block transfers, but BTR & BTW are disabled. I understand this is due to my firmware. I'm stuck here and am not sure how to go on from here, how do i set up the block transfers in RSlogix and what settings do i configure for the block transfer in PV Builder32.

Thanks for the Help
YBC

Your hooked with a SLC 5/04 OS401, you need Series C or higher to allow the BTR and BTW to be used

You need the panelbuilder32 user's guide publication # 2711-ND3
and look at chapter #4

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/2711-um004_-en-p.pdf

Are you sure you need to use block transfers? I know ive used 5/04 with pv 1400e's on rio and it takes dirrect addressing. I am not sure about the 900's but its worth a try.

You can do block transfers without the newer revision, but you must do it the hard way manipulating the M0 and M1 files...a real mess.

If I were in your shoes, I'd try to trade my PanelView for a DH+ version.

Thnx for the replies. I think ive just messed up my PV 900. I was downloading programs on it through RIO and tried to change it from a 2 to a rack 0, after playing around with the M files. Even tho i have a steady Comm green light, it just won't download to it. Giving me a Resource not available error. Kinda getting tired of the PV

yasirbc said:
Thnx for the replies. I think ive just messed up my PV 900. I was downloading programs on it through RIO and tried to change it from a 2 to a rack 0, after playing around with the M files. Even tho i have a steady Comm green light, it just won't download to it. Giving me a Resource not available error. Kinda getting tired of the PV

I stay away from uploading/downloading via the RIO pass-through. Get a ATA flash card (less than $20 USD), its a heck of a lot easier.