Received via PM

Steve Bailey

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
The boondocks of Western Massachusetts USA
Got this via PM. I'm not sure why he chose me because I'm not an Omron guru.

tedo said:
i'm doing a mini project on conveyour belt .i'm using
omron cpm1A plc & syswinV 3.4 compiler .while downloading
my ladder program in to the plc a responce ,"no resonce from plc"
appears.i've checked my rs232 cable connection,and it looks fine.guys what do you think is the problem.need quick responce time
is running:mad: .

Maybe someone can help.

Communication with a CPM1A requires an host link adaptor. I use a CPM1-CIF01. The cable from the PC to the adaptor is also not standard. Talk to your Omron distributor and buy the correct gear.

If you have all this gear then one would suggest the comms parameters are incorrect.

CPM1(A) series only has one communications port which is the older style peripheral port. You will require either:

a)CBL-202 + CPM1-CIF01(Dip Switch Set to Host) or b)CQM1-CIF02.

These options default the port settings to factory defaults and should allow connection.

If after using one of the above means you are still unable to connect I would suggest that you check the selected PC coms port you are using. The easiest way I found to do this is to use hyperterminal create a new project using the appropriate coms port and see if you can simply open the port. If you cannot open the port it is likely that some other software is "hogging" the port.