Ethernet port 1769-L32E

fieldprog

Hello all,

Right now I loaded the firmware (V15) into a new 1769-L32E Compactlogix Controller. So connection between controller and
laptop is allright through RS232 connector.

So if I want to go online on the controller over ethernet, do I only have to load a RSL5k - program into the controller over RS232 (setting the IP adress of the ethernet port in the program before loading) and going online after it with the Ethernet/IP driver in RSLinx?

You can go online with the controller through the serial port.

You can also use a Bootp server, which comes with RsLinx, or a DHCP server to do it. If you use either of these two methods then make sure you permanently set a fixed IP address once connected. You should not use the Bootp to assign the address on a normal basis. Only during the initial configuration

I have written an article for doing this on the Micrologix 1100. The principles for setting up the Bootp and RsLinx are the same.
DISCLAIMER - The following link leads to my site

http://www.twcontrols.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=32&Itemid=38Micrologix 1100 Ethernet Configuration

TW

Hmm, I did it like this now:

I got into RSLinx (connected with RS232), then I opened the controller in the list until I can see the ethernet port, opened module configuration, then port configuration, then I set the IP adress at static (192.168.1.10), then downloaded the program with RSL5k and after it connection over ethernet was allright.

I think that´s okay too.

Yes, you should also uncheck the DHCP and Bootp options.

Forgot about that option. It is only available on the Logix 5000 platform