Allen Bradley communication options..

Cryogen

I have a Micrologix 1200 (24BXB) PLC connected to Panelview std 600. Someone developed this program before me and so far I have been making changes and supporting it. The cable used is 1761-CBL-PM02 together with a null modem. The protocol used on both PLC (CH0) and Panelview is DH485 and I use 1747 PIC/AIC+ driver to view it on RSlinx (we do not have an AIC optical isolator).

Again I am not sure why it is this way but it is. Now, one of our customers want to connect a SLC to this network. What are my options?

Last edited:
I glanced through the manual real quick. I am sure I can find the answer but how will the connections be with this module? ML1200 to AIC+ and from there to the SLC and PV?

Last edited:
I agree with Ron - the convenience of having an AIC+ for each device outweighs the extra cost.

One caution is the cabling of the PV-600 to the AIC+. The standard A-B cable that connects to the AIC+ DB-9 port includes a power connection, and this can fault the network. Use a cable that only hast RX, TX, and SG in it.