Panel View Plus 1000 Ethernet Problem

Hyfeng Xu

I have AB Panel View Plus 1000, and it connect with the PLC by Ethernet, few days ago I reset the Panel View, unfortunately I lost all Ethernet setup, I don't know how to configure it to make it talk with the PLC or my laptop? Help!

You need to reconfigure the link. There are quite a few tech notes on how to do this on the AB website.

I actually have a AVI file that I downloaded from their website which goes into exact detail.
I will try to post it....No, too big.

If you are connected Ethernet to a controller, you need to ADD the ethernet driver to RSLINX-ENTERPRISE first. Then, add the Controller that you wish to talk to. Then, copy the link from Local to Target, or vice versa.
You really need to read the instructions.
My chicken scratch instructions will take more than 1000 words, where if you just download the technote, it will solve your problem.

Thanks SNK, I set the PLC IP address as 192.168.60.80 and the IP of my laptop is 192.168.60.100, I can see the PLC in my laptop via Ethernet, but I don't know how to configure the PV+1000, I did download the manual of PV+ but it seems not so detail, could you tell me how to configure the PV+ Ethernet step by step? Thanks a lot!

Hyfeng

Can you access the PV configuration screen? If so go through the menus to specify the IP address. I don't know them precisely but it is something like:

Terminal Settings
Networks and Communications
Network Adapters
IP Address

From that screen you can enter in the correct IP address and subnet mask.

OG

Yes, I did set the PV+ IP as 192.168.60.81 and my laptop IP is 192.168.60.100, the subnet mask are same 255.255.0.0, but no luck

PRAVEEN KUMAR is right; First, check is PanelView is pingable or not. If it`s not, check cables or link (hardware). Try to connect with PV entering their IP into Interner Explorer on the PC.

Regards

thanks, I tried to ping the PV+ from my PC, but no response, I doubt there must be something wrong with the hardware, because I add a "Ethernet Loopback" test in the PV+ startup, the test result is "0x1e;0x0;F;0xFFFFFFFE;Failed! Is loopback connector present?" , I don't know what's this meaning,

If Ping does not work, then nothing else will either. Martin is asking about your connection for good reason. If you are connecting directly from your PC to the PV+ then you must use an ethernet crossover cable. If your laptop and the PV+ are connecting to a switch then this would not be necessary (and a crossover cable will not work on some older switches).

So, if no crossover cable is available, get an ethernet switch. Only when you have verified that ping works should you proceed to RSLinx/RSLinx Enterprise.

OG