S5 error message

smf

Howdy.

Step5 gives me an error message saying "hardware does not exist" when i open up an old project from 1999.. what does that mean and what can i do to get rid of it?

smf said:
Howdy.

Step5 gives me an error message saying "hardware does not exist" when i open up an old project from 1999.. what does that mean and what can i do to get rid of it?

What software are you using?
The old S5 software, that did not run a Siemens PG, required a 'prommer' to be connected via serial port if a PC was being used.

Ian

I'm using simatic step 5 V 7.12 on a compaq laptop with windowsXP SP1.
I haven't used S5 on this computer for anything usefull yet so i still dont know if it's 100% functional, i really do hope that a prommer is not required.

Last edited:
smf

Does the project still open?

If it does, in the 'Project'-> 'Set' -> 'Eprom' tab, delesect the prommer, then save these project settings. Close the project and reopen

Paul

PLucas said:
smf

Does the project still open?

If it does, in the 'Project'-> 'Set' -> 'Eprom' tab, delesect the prommer, then save these project settings. Close the project and reopen

Paul

Tnx! that did the trick, too bad that my s5 version is freezing all the time on my new computer, but atleast i managed to connect to the S5 plc and update the program