S7 400 problems

adamjones

I have been working with a s7 400 plc. I added a couple networks and the on downloads I get a message that there is not anough memory to load.I cant beleave this because I only added a move statement and a m bit. Is there a setting that could be wrong in the maneger that would cause this or any other Ideas?

I just feel like the program is not that big and there should not be a problem like this

Last edited:
another thing, it downloads the whole block not just the changed networks, so if the block is quite big and you have not much memory left then you will get the memory full message.

adamjones said:
I just feel like the program is not that big and there should not be a problem like this

When you go to the compress memory page, it will show you graphically how much memory you have and how much used.

It does and it says it full.I Just wanted to make sure that there wasnt some type of setting that I missed. Allof my siemans expirenance has been with win ac with the soft PLCS. I dided know if I missed something

Don't forget, the memory used may have built up, when was the PLC last compressed or downloaded?

Small changes over months, maybe years, could have accumulated, so it may not only be your modification.