RSView32: Creating graph Force VS Position, Is-it possible???

Marie1982

Hi guys,

I have 40 entries of force vs position for each product we produce. We want to have a graph showing the data of the last piece we made.

We also want to have buttons that allow us to see the previous data as well.

I know that a link can be made to use Excel to make the graph, but I would like to have more information about how to link Excel and RSView32.

The data is available in a FlexLogic PLC for the latest data and in *.dbf files for the previous data.

Thanks for the help

Marie
Programmer
Canada

It has been a while, but you can use the "appstart" functions to call external applications from within RSView32.

Depending on your OS, you may need to follow certain tech notes to give "focus" to the called application. Normally, appstart will start the application in the background, and with certain versions of windows, you have to edit some system variables, or do something to the registry (I forget which...) to get control of that.

From there, you my need to research excel to find out what command line to use so that opening the file and creating hte chart become automated from a button click within RSView...

Hope this helps...
Paul