HOW TO CONFIGURE EDIT G DATA IN redundancy AB

siva_maddala

Hello sir,

Welcome to the automation world.My name is siva. Working as a PLC programmer. Recently i am attending to do the project for allen bradley redundancy. Here i am unable to understand how to fill the EDIT G DATA in Advanced I/O CONFIGURATION OF I/O CONFIGURATION. The details of the hardware configuration of the project is it is an allen bradley SLC500.It contains two racks the primary and seconday(or)MAIN And Backup.
The modules conained by the primary rack is
1746-P2
1747-L552
1747-BSN
1746-N2(Card slot Filler)
1746-N2(Card slot Filler).
This is the primary rack configuration. The secondary rack configuration is also the same as the primary rack configuration
The details for the remote input output rack is as fallows
it is 10slot chasis
1746-P2
1747-ASB
1746-NI8
1746-NI8
1746-IB16
1746-OB16.

This is the only one remote input output rack. for this configuration how can i fill the EDIT G DATA in Advanced I/o Configuration of the I/o configuration for the SLC 500 ALLEN BRADLEY PLC.

i am the regular viewer of the PLCS.NET. kindly Help me regarding this configuration. will wait for reply. thanks and regards
M.SIVA

Hello sir,

i am siva. with my post. i sent one attachment. That contains all the hardware configuration. Then you suggest whether it is discrete transfer or block transfer and give the details of filling EDIT G DATA.Please see the attatched file and give reply

Make sens
M.siva

Siva,

Did you read the post I directed you to? It explains how to configure your g-file and how to set up the block transfer.

In your advance config for the BSN module, set yours up for logical rack 0 group 0 as one full rack 8 words. I usually put the analog modules to the right of the chassis and discreet modules to the left but it makes no difference.

Use block transfers for your analog modules. Write the configuration information out to your M0 file then read the data back from you M1 file.

Marc