Software suggestions?

smf

Hi

i was wondering if someone can suggest some kind of sotware that lets me collect data from a S-300 cpu and put it into a database on a PC.
The data would then be used to make reports and they need to be user selecable.

The data i want to collect is log volyme at a sawmill and they want to be able to make a report after every production run to see how many of the logs that were too big or too small and the volyme etc.

Since i know a little PHP i tought that maybe i could put every log into a database and then let them make the reports from a webpage but i dont know what kind of software i should use to put it into a database. The budget is pretty tight so "cheap" software is a must. I have been looking into CitectSCADA a little but it seems that it dosn't offer what i want

Hi smf.

How many tags ?
How often do you want to log data ?
What kind of online connection do you have ?

Two suggestions:

1. WinCC Flexible RT + Archives option.
The 128 tags license + archives costs approx 900 Euro.
It can log to CSV files as well as to some SQL databases.

2. Iconics Trendworx.
150 tags costs 800 Euro, and it logs to CSV files.
You have to pay more to log to databases.
Also, the connections is via OPC. So you have to purchase an OPC server.

Hi JesperMP

I dont know the number of thags right now but it shouldn't be many of them. Thanks for your suggestions, i'll try to find out some information about them asap

@JesperMP

Ohh i forgot to tell you...i dont have any online connection yet :p
and i want to store data every time a log passes on the conveyor, and that might be every 10th second or so

FactorySQL sounds perfect for what you're looking for. You can drag and drop the tags that you wish to log to pretty much any SQL database. It would run you $1895 for unlimited tags. You would also need an OPC server to communicate with your S-300. You probably already have one. You could then use PHP to do whatever presentation you want.

You can download a fully functional evaluation version from here. Also a web demo will show you the packages and is a good place to answer specific questions.

Hope this helps,

smf said:
Hi

i was wondering if someone can suggest some kind of sotware that lets me collect data from a S-300 cpu and put it into a database on a PC.
The data would then be used to make reports and they need to be user selecable.

The data i want to collect is log volyme at a sawmill and they want to be able to make a report after every production run to see how many of the logs that were too big or too small and the volyme etc.

Since i know a little PHP i tought that maybe i could put every log into a database and then let them make the reports from a webpage but i dont know what kind of software i should use to put it into a database. The budget is pretty tight so "cheap" software is a must. I have been looking into CitectSCADA a little but it seems that it dosn't offer what i want