about Panel view plus 1000

DarkLord81

Hi, I'm request for help to configure a panel view 1000 plus, and connect it to a micrologix 1500 LRP, I've configure the tags, the communications (DH485), and it doesn't work, it just say that is no communications between PLC and Panel view, if anybody can help me, it will be great. Thanks

Describe the cables you are using.

Describe the configuration of the MicroLogix serial port.

Generally I would just use a straight-through serial cable between the RS232 port on the PanelView Plus and the RS232 port on the MicroLogix 1500 (Channel 1) with DF1 Full Duplex protocol.

Hi

I'm using a NET AIC to connect the PLC and Panel view 1000 plus, I'm using the port 1 with a 1761-CBL-PM02 conected to the NET AIC, and the panel view conected directly to the NET AIC via DH 485 port. My question is if that is correct o I missing somethig and if I need to configure something special in the PLC or the panel view. Thanks

Let me re-iterate so I'm clear on this.

The MicroLogix 1764-LRP Channel 1 (the 9-pin port on the left side) is connected to the 8-pin round plug on the 1761-NET-AIC using a 1761-CBL-PM02 cable.

The PanelView has a 2711-RN6 card whose screw-terminal connector is cabled to the screw-terminal connector on the 1761-NET-AIC module. This cable should just be Data A, Data B, Common, and Shield. Termination jumpers should be in place on both ends.

The first important thing is to be certain that Channel 1 of the MicroLogix is configured for DH485 protocol in RSLogix 500. Make a note of what network address (node number) the MicroLogix 1500 is using for that port.

The second thing is to examine the RSLinx Enterprise configuration to be sure it's configured for DH485, with a unique node address of it's own.

The third thing is to examine the RSLinx Enterprise Shortcut configuration to be sure that it's configured in the Target tab drive and node that points it to the MicroLogix 1500.

Hello

Ok, in the first point I´ve have a mistake, because I configure the channel 1 for DF1 Full Duplex in the RSlogix 500, in the second point there is no problem, in the third point I have a question... I guess that the shorcuts are a label to identify each device on the network, because the syntax of the direccions of the tags is:
[Shortcut]Address

Is that correct?? Because I have one shortcut on the device of the NET AIC connected to PLC.

Another question. In the configuration of the MSG instruccion, what should be the right configuration to communicate the PLC with Panel view??

I have: Communication Command : 500 CPU write
Data Table address: N7:0
Size in elements: 8

Target Device
Data Table address: N7:0
Local node address: 2
Local/remote: Local

I'm interested in the communication command and local/remote if i'm right.

I hope that you can help me with this, because I have 1 week with this, thanks