1746-hsce2 reset

Osias

I use 1024 ppr encoder that connected to 1746-hsce2 and setup the maximum range to 4095 and it works but I have different zero position of encoder reading and machine zero position. I adjust machine zero (home) position and reset the encoder to zero but the reading is always different (around 115 deg). How to make it same? Any idea ?
Thanks for suggestion.
Regards,
Osias

So, do you initialize the HSCE2 when the machine is not at the zero position - perhaps during first scan? You need to position the machine at zero and then set the HSCE2 to zero. From the HSCE2 User Manual, I use example 2 and follow example 5 to initialize or "home" my encoders.

How are you zeroing your encoder? And, as for your 115 degree error, does this error also exist right after you zero the encoder? In other words, are you correctly resetting the HSCE2 card but then lose position later.

There are lots of threads related to this card on this site. You could search this site and maybe find something that may help.

Thanks for reply.
I try to zero the encoder reading by turn on o:1/17 for channel 0 and the reading is zero. inch machine to another position and the encoder reading is still not same. Inch the machine to machine zero and cycle power to slc, encoder reading is 0. Run the machine again and encoder reading is not same.
Any idea?
Thanks.
Osias.

Imi'ike said:
So, do you initialize the HSCE2 when the machine is not at the zero position - perhaps during first scan? You need to position the machine at zero and then set the HSCE2 to zero. From the HSCE2 User Manual, I use example 2 and follow example 5 to initialize or "home" my encoders.

How are you zeroing your encoder? And, as for your 115 degree error, does this error also exist right after you zero the encoder? In other words, are you correctly resetting the HSCE2 card but then lose position later.

There are lots of threads related to this card on this site. You could search this site and maybe find something that may help.

I am not sure I understand what is not working. In your first post you said that you "setup the maximum range to 4095 and it works." Does this mean that the count value changes as you rotate the encoder? Or does this mean that you successfully set the maximum range to 4095 but it does not count?

You said you trigger O:1/17. Do you have the HSCE2 card installed in slot 1? Sorry, just checking.

While looking at the A and B LEDs on the front panel of the HSCE2 card, rotate the connected encoder. Do the A and B LEDs turn off and on? If not, then you need to check the connection between the encoder and the card.

Now assuming that the HSCE2 card is registering and counting pulses, have you checked rotation? In other words, if you rotate the encoder in the direction that you expect the count to increase, does the count value increase? Likewise for reverse direction if your mechanism will allow it. It is possible that the reason your count is not as expected is because the encoder is decrementing when you expect it to increment.

When you trigger O:1/17, do you expect the counter to read your preset or go to 0? And what does it do?

When you "inch you machine to another position" what value does your counter read compared to what you want it to read. So assuming you have 4096 counts per revolution, if you "inch" your mechanism so the encoder turns one quarter revolution does your counter read 1024? If not, could you give examples of your results?