1746-hsce2

naco1976

Hi all

I need your help, I have a 1746-HSCE2 card configured, the pulses read perfectly, but I have a problem as I use the pulse counters in ladder logic.
Since the counters are very fast for the ladder logic, if I place a comparator it does not see it when comparing and stopping the motor.
I have 3 motors with encoder, one motor moves in the X coordinates, the other in the Y coordinate and the last one in the T coordinate, a turret.
How can I use the counters on the 1746-HSCE2 card to stop the engine on a Cartecian map

If the motor control is just on/off then note the amount of overshoot for each axis and stop each at that distance before the target. Note that the number of pulses may be different depending on the direction of travel.

@bernie ooh, nice, similar to in-flight I in a weighing/filling application.

If there is more counts per PLC cycle than the target tolerance, the process will still need to be slowed down, though.

I took the video below on the inter-gate train in ATL airport earlier today. The slowdown is probably more to avoid throwing passengers around, per Newton's law, but it also make finding the stop point easier.

PXL_20210817_170330825.jpg

Arrrrggghhh it's a jpeg, not a video. Oh well

That card has outputs so you can send it a setpoint count and turn on the output on the card. That makes it independent of the SLC scan time. Then use that output to stop the motor.

Going further on what JaxGTO said, if you configure the card for range mode, you can send start and end counts to the counter card. While 'in range' the output that you associate with that range will be on. There are both physical outputs on the card and soft outputs that can be utilized in the program.

Thanks to all for the help
I'm going to take into account the output of the card, I don't understand how the physical and virtual outputs still work. I'm going to study the manual

Here is a video how the die-cutting machine works, the PLC lost the program and there is no backup, you have to do it again

https://youtu.be/NwVxE8gS0Xk

Last edited:
Physical outputs are actual DC outputs you access on the HSCE2 swing arm terminals.

Virtual outputs are an output in the IO area for the module.

For fastest response as the HSCE2 has its own processor you would use the Physical outputs.