RS_Networx for Ethernet/IP

Joe_WaZoo

Lifetime Supporting Member
What is this program RS_Networx for Ethernet/IP used for?

I would like to use other companies products for Ethernet/IP but they are telling me that AB's software does not allow them to create an EDS sheet for the products that RS_Networx for Ethernet/IP can read in. Other company's products work fine on DeviceNet with the use of their EDS sheets but I can't seem to import those on the RS_Networx for Ethernet/IP.

Do any of you use this program? And what is the purpose? Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Joe_WaZoo

It's basically an obsoleted program, as the IO connections, poll rates, data transfer is declared in RS5000 in V13+.

I had some trouble with a third party device dropping connection, & got with the third party & Rockwell to try & solve it.

Rockwell said don't even worry about the RS_Networx, as it was an old program that set up Scanners, & would be of no use. Instead, we used Ethereal & RS5000 to trap, monitor, & diagnose the network.

It's basically an obsoleted program

Incorrect,
Release 8 just came out,
You will use it with 3-rd party Ethernet/IP host devices or RA hosts that have no software support.
Plus this is a good troubleshooting tool

Example: Ethernet/IP communications for Guard PLC with Guard set as scanner.

Yes, ver 8 available for download if you have valid support option
rsnetworx.jpg

So should I go to the manufacture of the Ethernet/IP device that I am using and ask them for their EDS file now for the RS_Networx program? I should be able to import that file now into RS_Networx.

Thanks,
Joe_WaZoo

So should I go to the manufacture of the Ethernet/IP device that I am using and ask them for their EDS file now for the RS_Networx program? I should be able to import that file now into RS_Networx.
Is this device an adapter or scanner?

If this device is adapter, and used with Logix then you will need assembly information for this device.

You will need EDS file in any case to see device in RSLinx