Custom Comm Cable manufacture reccomendation?

elevmike

What we need is a two wire RS 485 cable terminated to a 15 pin connector at each end. Making these by hand is proving to be too time consuming & costly. I'm looking to outsource these cables. The cables only need to be 24" long. After testing them in the shop we will then cut the cable and splice connectors to a longer cable on the job site.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

I third Black Box.

I hate their 232/485 converters, but I've had them make custom cables and have been very pleased with the service.

Dan

http://www.redmondcable.com

This is the company I use. They do very good work, and their prices are very 60's. They are local to me.

I sent them a bunch of drawings and they assigned part numbers to all of them, so I can order them in any quantity, any time I want. Like you said, making them yourself takes too long.