Using the Move command in RSLogix 500 Pro

RickK

The class I am taking is currently attempting to do a stoplight program using RSLogix 500 Pro, with Allen-Bradley SLC 500 model 1747-L40B.

The task at hand is using the sequencer to run the lights and to have two push buttons to activate the "Walk/Don't Walk" lights. It has been suggested that I use the Move command to make this work.

Any suggestions, or examples? As awlays, the simpler this is, the better it's going to be.

Thank you,

RickK

I use the move command for panelview to give the status of a motor, for example. Very simpl: in your case you could use it to move a value to an integer, as value 0 when stop button pushed, or 1 when when go button pushed. From here you can output the light status to control the crossing, use to flash the 'go' on the push-button, whatever.

Thanks for the help. We got it figured out, if anyone is interested, I'd be glad to post the ladder diagram (in RSLogix format).

RickK

Congrats

RickK said:
Thanks for the help. We got it figured out, if anyone is interested, I'd be glad to post the ladder diagram (in RSLogix format).

RickK

I'd just like to say congrats to a student who looked for help, but didn't roll over and play dead until help came to them. It says something about your work ethic, and I'm sure that it will serve you better for future questions here to know that you are putting in an honest effort on your end.

Russ