1769-L32E - Major fault

Freak

Hi All - I have a new 1769-L32E processor that came as part of a machine. It is saying that it has a "Major non recoverable fault", when looking at the ethernet port. If viewed in RS Linx then it just states faulted.
It is possible to go online to it via the ethernet port and the processor is working, it simply has the red fault light flash.

Has anyone come across this before? I have tried cycling the power but that made no differencee.

Cheers
Peter

Go online with the processor open the controller properties

see the major fault description take recommended action & click the clear major button & put processor in run mode

error4.JPG

The fault is on the comms module part of the processor accessed via e backpane the processor shows no faults (my terminology is poor as I am still on a massive learning curve), and it is not able to be reset, it states "nonrecoverable error" but for all intentes and purposes it is working. PLC is communicating with other PLC's and a PV700+ that is on the same network.

I am only using the IP and Subnet masks, bootP enable has been turned off etc. and there is no gateway.

Just my 2 cents contribution since I am also learning how to use the 1769-L32E. I just implemented a solution with this controller and went through a few bumps. RSLinx needs to be at least ver 2.43, as well as RSLogix needs to be at least ver 13. The controller firmware must agree with the program ver (RSLogix 13). I also had to download the latest EDS files for RSLinx so it can recognize the 1769-L32E (this is a relative new controller, maybe a year or so old). The first time when view it under RSLinx, it showed me a different module (something like 1756 on slot 1) and a problem (undefined module). I forgot to define a module on slot 3 correctly. Once I corrected this problem, it was working OK.