powerflex_10 MODBUS

ggchavhan

hi

I want to control Powerflex 10 by SLC 5/03 but I stuck, as SLC supports Serial port and PFx supports MODBUS. I wii ever grateful if anybody give idea about it and commu. procedure

Thanks

Gajanan

If the Powerflex motor drive does not have a common communications protocol with the PLC, then you have to do it the long way: Use a PLC analog output to set the speed of the drive, and a PLC digital output to turn it on and off.

I presume you mean PowerFlex 40

There are several ways to have an SLC-5/03 controller perform Modbus Master functions.

One way is to use a DF1 -> Modbus RTU converter. A-B sells one specifically for the PowerFlex 4/40 drives, part number 22-SCM232. You can hook this up to the Channel 0 serial port of the SLC-5/03 and send MSG instructions to each drive.

Another method is to use a module from Prosoft Technology. The Prosoft MVI46-MCM module provides two ports that can be Modbus RTU Masters or Slaves.

If you have another communication network like DeviceNet connected to the SLC controller, there are DeviceNet/Modbus gateways and drive control interfaces for the PowerFlex 40 drives.