SLC 5/03 communication problem

hiten123

I am a novice to PLCs. I have with me RSLinx and RSLogix 500. Now I have connected the SLC and the PC thru a serial cable. I went to RSLinx and tried to configure a DF1 driver. When i press the autoconfigure button, it is unable to do it and asks to check the communication link. I know this cable is good. Is there anything else i have to do to make this work?

The cable between an SLC-5/03 RS-232 port and your computer's RS-232 port must be a "null modem" type cable.

The A-B part number for such a cable with a 90 degree connector on the controller end is 1747-CP3.

It is possible that the serial port of the controller is not configured for DF1 Full Duplex protocol (which is the default) and therefore you must use a different RSLinx driver (1747-PIC/AIC+) or a different connection method.