ENI IP Address

Need help!!! don't know how to download the IP address to a 1761- ENI. I know I have to use a program to do this but don't know where to find it.

Any help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks,

The program that you want is the BOOTP/DHCP Utility. This is basically a DHCP server software that you install on your PC.

Assuming that you have not disabled the BOOTP setting in the ENI module (it is turned ON by default), this should be pretty straight forward.

Sometimes I am using a PC on which the network settings won't allow the BootP/DHCP server to run, or the device has been set to Static IP and I don't know the address, so I resort to the 1761-NET-ENI configuration utility.

The most common gotcha is that the default utility serial speed is 38400 but many of the controllers I use run at 19200. Easy to fix. Also, this utility doesn't work, in my experience, with a USB/RS232 converter.

I was surprised to find that it's gone missing from the proper link on the www.ab.com/micrologix site, but it turned up here:

http://www.ab.com/programmablecontrol/plc/micrologix1000/networkinterfaces.html