One More ASCII Question on AWT

Big John T

First a big thanks to all who helped me the past few days. I have everything working except the second round with the AWT. The first time through the string gets sent out and the "ok" is seen but never sends the second string. Do I need to reset the control for the AWT? or put a slight delay timer in...

Here is the code I'm using

AsciiAWT.jpg

Thanks
John

I placed a 1 second delay inbetween the writes and it's all working now... Don't know if that is the correct thing to do but it works... Time to plug into the drives HORRAY!

John

You probably would have been fine if you just waited until the AWT actually completed before trying to retrigger it (made sure the .DN or .ER bit was set). Then you wouldn't need an artificial delay.

Second stylistic note, on your rung 15 above, the middle branch is technically a nested branch, and it should'nt be.

On the branch with the MOV N16:[N16:16]? What is a nested branch?

On rung 14 I'm waiting for the AWT DN before reading then waiting for the ARL DN bit before comparing and going to the next round. So I'm confused about what you are suggesting...

John

Once you have created a branch and wish to add more downward, right click on the left hand corner of the lowest branch so far. It will give you an option to 'extend branch down' (among other things). When you accept this you will see that the next branch continues straight down from this left hand corner. The actual resultant code in the PLC executes faster and has fewer limits. The method of branching you did has a limitation (like about 8 I believe.)

WOW Bernie, I see the difference now...

The limit is 5 that way... I found out that the hard way...

Thanks for the infomation.

John

Last edited: