DL05 and C-more ASCII

XtremeIN

Hello all,
I am working on a project using a C-more panel connected to a DL05 via port 1. Is there a way to send text to the PLC via the HMI? In previous projects when using the DO-More I used the SS, Short String data field with great success. I thought that the AIN instruction would work, bu tit cannot be configured for port1 and port 2 is needed for communicating with a Raspberry PI. The HMI will allow me to configure a tag using a v-mem location. Is that all I need to do? I do not have a HMI/PLC setup for testing.....
Thanks,
Micheal

Yes, you specify the starting location for the data, such as V2000. If you are sending "Hello", the text would fill 3 V memory locations (V2000 = He, V2001 = ll, V2002 = o).