How to load program by EEPROM In Micrologix1500

neerajpuranik

Kindly tell me the procedure of downloading a program from EEPROM to Micrologix 1500 PLC. I don't have RS Logix 500 programming software. So in order to make changes in a prog. I need to download it from EPROM.

neerajpuranik said:
Kindly tell me the procedure of downloading a program from EEPROM to Micrologix 1500 PLC. I don't have RS Logix 500 programming software. So in order to make changes in a prog. I need to download it from EPROM.

sorry, you'll need the software.

You don't need the software if you have the program on the eprom. Just power down the plc, remove the front cover on the plc, and snap in the memory module. Power up the plc. The memory module can be removed under power. done.

bill4261 said:
You don't need the software if you have the program on the eprom. Just power down the plc, remove the front cover on the plc, and snap in the memory module. Power up the plc. The memory module can be removed under power. done.

His post said he wanted to make changes so he'll need the s/w. Also, some specific bits may need to be set in the status file to autoload the application off the EPROM.

dear friends, Thanks for spending time on my problem. I am sorry for not stating it correctly. See I am working in Africa & have this packing machine supplied by India. It is operated by ML1500 plc. One of the output in the output module is faulty & needs to be changed with spare one. I don't have RSLOGIX 500, so I discussed with manufacturer & he is sending EPROM after making changes in prog. Now I have never used EPROM in my carrer so I don't know how to download prog from EPROM to PLC. Hence I wrote this query.

The is no provision to initialize transfer from eeprom to plc by user without software.

disscuses with your manufacturer about to set the bit in the eeprom to tranfer during power up

But it not advise since eeprom transfer program whenever there is a power recycle then the current position of the machine status will be lost since datetable also reloaded from eeprom so be cautious

Better to Have software to load the program

The problem here is that some status bits may need to be set/cleared in the processor status file. The machine mfg may have set these up already but if they didn't it might be tough to get the new program to load. Here are some bits that are important:

ScreenHunter_001.jpg

ScreenHunter_002.jpg

Make sure you remove the memory module after it is up and running. This can be done under power. If not, the plc will boot up from the memory module and any setting that may be entered from an OIT will be changed to the plc defaults.