displayying timers on OP77a

smf

Hello

My question is: how do i show the timers in my S7-300 cpu on a Simatic OP77A?

I have just started using the OP77A so i just converted my standard Protool op7 project with WinCC and modified it to fit my needs for this application.
With Protool all i had to do to show the current timer value was to make a output field and put in a tag with the timer i wanted to show and then when the timer was running i could monitor the remaining time on my OP7.

With WinCC the procedure seems to be the same as the tags are just like in Protool, but the OP77a always shows the value "0".

If you use a tag, say 'timer_1', linked directly into the timer-registry (T1) then the time is shown in ms. 5 s becomes 5000 ms. So the easiest way is to use a decimal point e.g. '5.000'.

You can also use the timer-output (BI), say

L T1
T MW0

and use MW0 (flagword) to make a tag. You will get an integer from 0 to 999, so you will need to adjust the representation of the tag according to the time-base of the timer.

00 = 10 ms --> 1x10 ms - 999x10ms
01 = 100 ms --> 1x100ms - 999x100ms
10 = 1 s --> 1x1s - 999x1s
11 = 10 s ---> 1x10s - 999x10s

ivo.maenen

Thanks for your quick reply. I'm not sure i understod you correctly but i'll try it out later today when i'm at the machine.
I prefer to linke the tag directly into the timer registry but if i dont work it out i'll try the other method instead

Ok i still dont get this :( If i link the tags directly to the timers i can't get them to display anything but "0" just like in my first post.

If i use the timer output the problem is how to scale the value depending on what timer value the operator uses because it needs to be scaled different if the timer value is a long or short one.
I'm using the linear scaling function in WinCC on the timer-output(BI)

This should work.

Try this as tag:

timer2.gif

and this as IO/field:

timer3.jpeg

You should see a IO-field-value '00.000'.

This is a different way to do it (timervalue with 100 ms interval):

timercontrol1.jpeg

timercontrol2.jpeg

MW104 give you an integer between 000 and 999.
timercontrol4.jpeg

The IO-field shows as '00.0'.

timercontrol3.jpeg

If you want to make an input of a timervalue:

MW102: timervalue with 100 ms interval (time-base controled by M102.4 and M102.5).

The time is between 0 and 999x100ms (99,9 s). As OP-input you can use an integer between 0 and 999 (MW92).

timercontrol5.jpeg

The IO-field will show as '00.0'.

timercontrol6.jpeg

But a timer needs an BCD-code as input, so you need to convert this by means of 'I_BCD', MW102 is a BCD-code including the time-base.

If somebody has a better way of doing this, please post it because this is something what i could not find in a 'manual' so i had to learn with 'trial and error'.

ivo.maenen

Thank you very much! this reply was exactly what i wanted and needed. I used your first example with "shift decimal point" and it works just fine even if it requires quite a lot of space on the op to display a field with 7 numbers

Thank you once again for spending your time on helping me doing all these nice examples.