Installing RS LOGIX 5000

mjkoc518

I am having some issues installing my activation for Logix 5000 on Windows Vista Operating System. RS Logix 5000 installs without any issues, however when I attempt to install activation from A: to C: I keep getting an error saying disk is full or I do not have permission to make install. Anybody else have issues like this? If so what do you do to get around it?

Thanks

we have had lots of problems installing software on a new office laptop running vista, luckily its office software and not plc software but we found that if you do not set up a seperate user and administrator then the administrator does not get the full adminstration rights. to overcome this problem we set up a second user account and now my printer will work. Brother were no help in trying to sort out this problem in fact they rang us back to ask if we had found a solution.

I don't know about RSLogix 5000, but on the machine with Vista I setup RSLogix 500 on recently, I had to use the usb activation utility. Now the operator has to use a usb thumb drive as a dongle. Not the best setup in the world, but it was better than wiping Vista off and installing XP or Win 2K.

Svista

IN OUR language SVISTA(greeklish)means delete them.
once again microsoft gives a **** of incompatibilities.
PUT XP in any PC and do your job.
incompatibilities will go on for 2 years at least this is my opinion.
VISTA grrrrrr!

I just now installed RSLogix 5000 on a customer's Vista Home Premium on a shiny new Toshiba laptop, and the same activation error showed up.

It's evidently because EVMOVE doesn't request administrator priveleges, but RSLogix 5000 does. I'm sure there's a mechanism for manually running a program as Administrator, but I'm not familiar with it yet.

I got RSLogix 5000 installed and working by starting RSLogix 5000 and letting it launch EVMOVE. Then I inserted the USB flashdrive with the activation file on it, and waited for it to be recognized as drive E: and F:.

Because it was launched by a program that was granted administrator rights, EVMOVE correctly moved the activation to drive C:.

I was not able to try the FactoryTalk activation mechanism on that computer.

Again, your mileage may vary. RSLogix 5000 is not tested or approved for Windows Vista at this time.

Is Rockwell Software a contributor to Microsoft's money collection? If it isn't there may be little hope for a quick and valid solution. The work-arounds listed may be your best choice for now.
Wyo_Knott