modicon concept 32bit simulation

JAK

Lifetime Supporting Member
'lo all. I am getting familiar with the concept software and trying out the 32bit sim for a quantum PLC and I am curious why this is hanging up. Can anyone help? I noticed the timers don't work right if I have the Show EN/ENO box checked.

concept_animation.JPG

if you check the show enable you have to attach the enable to the rail to the left. if it does not see a true path of logic it wont work.

I seem to remember having to change my entire program because of the way the enable on the comparison blocks work. Notice your output is still on even though the enable logic is false. Leave your block enabled all the time and use a contact off of the output instead of putting the block in the middle of the rung and save yourself a huge head ache.

Thanks for the input. I read this:

explained.JPG

This really doesn't make since. I don't understand "when the FFB is invoked, the algorithms which are defined by the FFD (typo??) will be executed. After the error-free execution of these algorithms...." What algorithms? Is this just defining the act of performing the compare? I am still trying to test if the rung scans true setting the wtf, what happens the next time the rung goes true. Having the wtf set will set the auto_index_complete, or will the algorithm solve first, resetting the wtf and not set the auto_index_complete.

Also, do you (or anyone) know of a way to condense the graphic display. I have searched the help/menus and haven't found anything.

Thanks

Well unless my test was fubar, it looks as if the EN passes power to ENO before the "algorithm solves" and proves that wtf should be false. Anyones 2¢?

The WTF output coil is basically retentive. It holds the last state that it was in when the EN logic went from true to false. They are a pain in the a*&...