PLC5 Cold boot woes

SteveD

S
I have a plc5/40 processor that when cold booted will not scan its remote I/O. If I take the processor from REMRUN to Program and back to Run mode....everything is ok. After a cold boot the processor will squawk no faults..the only thing I have found different is the Remote I/O racks output cards do not show active on there faceplate. If I go to program mode either via RSlogix or key switch...it kicks it in the pants and it starts scanning remote I/O very happily...any ideas out there?

Thanks
Steve

PLC-5/40

SteveD

If I remember correctly you are describing the Start-up protection function of the PLC-5/40. Check out documentation on user control bits S:26/0 and S:26/1, they define how the processor starts in the RUN mode after power loss (Cold Boot). I think if the power is restored when the Processor is in the RUN mode status bit S:11/5 (Start-up protection) sets if S:26/1 is set. If S:26/1 is not set there is no protection, if S:26/1 is set there is protection.

Read up on Start-up protection to confirm what I have told you.

Hope this helps
Roger