Electromagnetic door retainers ???

Pierre

Lifetime Supporting Member
Googling is sometimes a useless journey for someone whom's language is not english.

What I need to find is an electromagnetic door retainer that will keep a door shut when power is applied.

I've been to places (high security zones)where there where such devices.

No its not for a door, its for a machine guard that looks like a door. We want to hold it shut with an electromagnet and keep it safe with interlocking switches.

Need 12 of them.

But what is it called?

Searching for it only gives me Fire Safety devices to keep doors open when there is power.

The ones I have seen have perhaps 1000 Newtons of holding strength.

What words should I search for or better ... a link!

Thanks.

Last edited:
$$$HHHIIITTT!!!

"Lock" ... I knew there was a word missing from my limited vocabulary. :)

Thanks TW