1794-asb not showing i/o

needhelp

Hi,
I have a PLC 5/30 processor and a 1794-asb flex i/o module. All green lights are there but if I try to turn on an input on the remote rack, it doesn't appear in logix5??? Any hints?? I used autoconfigure for the i/o.

Please help

What do you mean by "turning on an input". Are you supplying power to an input and it doesnt' appear in the input data table? Inputs are turned on by field conditons not by your programming,

yes, I am putting voltage to the input and the light is coming on on the flex i/o. i just don't see it in the data table.

Triple check the dipswitch settings on the 1794-ASB and ensure that your manual covers the particular revision of the device being used. A/B has changed the usage of some of those switches over the years in order to incorporate 32 point modules and RIUP funcionality, so the revision letter is important when setting those switches.

I remember gettign "bit" once when replacing a series B with a series D IIRC. Not realizing that simply matching the dipswitch settings was not good enough...

Paul

This one is a little perplexing. While checking the dip switches also make sure that all of your bases are snapped in correctly, try a different input card if you have one.

Generally if you have an active light on the ASB and Logix 5 can autofind the rack you should be good to go. Just remember if the autofind says that it found a half rack in position X it doesn't mean it found a half rack of I/O, just the adapter. You could pull all of the cards out and it will still find a half rack.

If you need more help post a screen shot of your chassis table along with your dip switch settings, from what you have provided so far I am leaning towards a problem downstream of your adapter