How to add a module that is not in the list

ademirpsantos

Hi everyone! I´m new on Logix5000, and I´m trying to add an 1769-IF8 module in an existing CompactLogix system, using version 13.3. When I click in "New" module, this model does not appear in the list box. Does anyone know what should be done in my Logix5000 to include this module model? Do I have to install something like an EDS file? Thanks to all.

Search the AB website:

See Knowledgebase document 28351 for generic profiles and configuration information for 1769-IF8 module

You have to set it up as a generic module for that version.

I went to the links and found useful information. I can´t use on-line ad-ons because I´m working with an old version, so I´ll try the generic profile.

Thank you, Sirs!

We hit the same thing - A-B has some analog cards that have been on the market for years that aren't in the 500 or 5000 menus.

Rather than work our way through the fairly arcane and only moderately intelligible instructions from A-B we go to our distributor and get the set-up rung for the module in question. (Of course, we then have it on file so we only need do this once!)

It's simply a rung that moves teh right bit pattern into the right register to configure the card for the required functions.