Can you share your tricks for making AD ladder logic more organized?

piscis

As you know AD lacks a way to organize blocks of ladder logic into folders like Allen Bradley and Omron among other.

Most of the time my ladder logic is much more that 150 rungs, having such a large single file of ladder logic and searching for a particular block becomes tedious, irritating and confusing.

How do you deal with this?

Thanks

The only trick that I'm aware of is to use Stage programming (RLL Plus).

You still have one big long contiguous ladder, but you can open Stage View and click on the Stage you want to go to and it will take you to that block of ladder code.

Well, I don't consider 150 rungs huge. However, I agree that dividing the program up makes de-bugging simpler.

In addition to stages, you can divide up your program into subroutines. For example, all alam tests can be one subroutine, the start permissives can be a subroutine for each machine or segment, etc.