FactoryTalk View Studio-Saving ME applications to share and definition of options

Good Morning ,

I've been using FactoryTalk View Studio from time to time , but I really don't understand all the options in FactoryTalk View ME Application Manager . The "Help" is good , but I would like to know which option to use for the
following...

- What option would I use to save a application that I created , to email to
someone else , or to continue working on , on another computer ?

- Also , I converted an old Panelview application .PVA , to a FactoryTalk View
ME application and renamed it. How can I save another copy of this,
and name it something , like the same name but "Draft" , so I can work
on it without messing up the , what appears to be,a successful conversion .
Which option would I use ?

Thanks so much , and have a great Sunday

Good Morning ,

I've been using FactoryTalk View Studio from time to time , but I really don't understand all the options in FactoryTalk View ME Application Manager . The "Help" is good , but I would like to know which option to use for the
following...

- What option would I use to save a application that I created , to email to
someone else , or to continue working on , on another computer ?

- Also , I converted an old Panelview application .PVA , to a FactoryTalk View
ME application and renamed it. How can I save another copy of this,
and name it something , like the same name but "Draft" , so I can work
on it without messing up the , what appears to be,a successful conversion .
Which option would I use ?

Thanks so much , and have a great Sunday

Ideally to send someone a copy of your application you would use the Backup option. This would create an .APA file that you could email. The one that received it, would use the Application Manager's Restore Application option to make a usable application. But there is a catch. They would have to be using the same version of Studio or newer. If they used an older version they would not be able to open it. And if they used a newer version, it would convert your application to a newer version. No big deal until they try to send it back to you and you can't open it. If this is just a backup for your own use, this is what I would use.

As an alternative, you can check with them and verify what version they have. Then you would create a runtime for that specific version. On their end, they would use the Application Manager and do a Restore Runtime. Likewise if they make changes using a newer version you could tell them to create a version XX runtime. If they are using an older version they would just make it for he highest version they can.

The other option to look at is the Copy Application option. That will allow you to create a duplicate of an existing application and name it whatever you like.

Hope that helps

OG