rs logics5000 trends

no problems getting a screen shot or printing the trend. was wondering if possible to be able to save the trend as a file and attach it to an email. i can see that there is provision to save the file but it seems as if the 2 files it saves need to be opened up with rs logics. basically would like to be able to trend some graphs and then email them to people to view who dont have rslogics

Get something like Cute PDF and print as a PDF file. That way anyone can view it and it is easily e-mailed.

Trend has the option to save as CSV

Sometimes I have used this route
CLX -> CSV (comma separated variable)
CSV into Excel - Created trend in excel
Emailed Excel file with trend to those without RS5000

Any use?

With the trend window open you can rt click on the window and save (create snapshot) as a.dbf thus being able to open with a spreadsheet.

Last edited:
With the trend on screen I use Prt Screen to copy the screen to the clipboard. Then open any graphics program (Paint will work fine) and use the Paste menu function to put the graph into PAint. You can crop or not as you wish, then save as a *.jpg file. Now you can email it to anyone!

This works with any Windows program, and I use it all the time. You can do this with anty SCADA software, for example, if you just want a snapshot and don't want to figure out how to do a CSV file or such.