Connectivity

Carlos V

I am trying to go online with a controller but I am unable to connect. I get a diagnostic failure: 0x4 error message. Can anyone help.

PLC brand ( complete cat. no.), please.
Laptop or desktop, please.
Software you are using (ver), please.
What port are you trying to use ( serial,ethernet, cables)
The more info the more help you get.

I am using a slc 500 plc. I am also using a compaq (Armada 1750) laptop. The software is RSLogix 500 ver 4.7.3. I am connecting using a usb port. I am using an A-B USB to DH485 interface converter to go from the laptop to the plc.

Carlos

Have you ever used this configuration before to connect ?

What I'm REALLY asking is, are you sure this configuration works with another PLC or is it not working with anything you're trying to connect to?

It may not be a PLC connection issue, but more of a laptop connection issue.

Just my 2c worth.

Carlos V said:
I am using an A-B USB to DH485 interface converter to go from the laptop to the plc.
I assume you are referring to the 1747-UIC. This device will only work if you are connecting to an RS232 port using DH485. Are you sure the port is not set up for DF1 over RS232? It would help if you posted the specific model of SLC.

Also, are you sure you have the COM port set right in RSLinx? I usually have to go into the Device Manager to see what port was assigned to the UIC.