Connectivity Issues

GABalis69

Hello All. I am new to the forum, I am not sure if this has ben addressed or not. I have a Micro820 controller that I am using for a controller on an upender control. I am trying to connect a Danfoss FC302 with IMC as motor control for positioning. When I try to discover the Danfoss, I get a message "FC302 Not Supported". Is there a software patch I am missing, or are the two not compatible.

Hi, welcome to the forum.

CCW is a Rockwell product for Rockwell products like the Micro 800 controllers, some safety controllers, and Rockwell VFDs. It is not going to interact with a Danfoss drive and add it to the CCW project. The controller is likely able to control the drive through hardwired signals or potentially Modbus or Ethernet/IP if you have those communication options installed. You just won't add the drive to the project. It will all be handled in the PLC code. Unless you find sample code already developed for the Micro 800, you would probably have to roll your own.

The 820 does not have an IO tree like Compact/ControlLogix to add a drive and have communication automatically handled. Newer models of 850 can do some Rockwell drives like that. I haven't used that and don't know details.

If you're trying to do motion in the PLC, I don't expect that to go well. Ethernet control of the drive will likely be a series of messages without precise timing. Look at some sample code for various models of PowerFlex drives that might have been optionally installed with CCW to get an idea of what I think you would have to do.

Thank you. I am quickly learning the quirks of Micro800. I wanted to do this as inexpensive as possible, without using a CompactLogix set up. I am able to control the I/O with digital out, but can't quite get the precise motion control I am wanting. I have reached out to Danfoss for advice as well, but seems I am rowing in a circle.