ML1400 ethernet connectivity issues

Hi Ken, I think this sounds like it could be the issue. I have found the settings for 100/full and auto-negotiate on the PLC, but when you talk about doing it on both sides do you mean the router or HMI?

Thanks!

Think of it at the cable level. If you set the MicroLogix to a fixed speed (100/full duplex) that's one end of a cat5/6 cable so the other end of the cable, where it plugs into (I'm assuming) the router needs to be set to the same configuration. Having said that if it's just the ML1400, a router and the HMI you don't really know which device isn't communicating so might want to set all of them to the same setting just to cover your bases.

Similar Topics

Hi All I have connected a Keyence SR1000 to a Compact Logix PLC and am triggering the scanner and reading barcodes over Ethernet/IP, no issues...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am trying to use micrologix 1400 Ver.A as adapter and a Productivity P1-540 as scanner, only Ethernet/IP is supported by ML1400 Ver.A...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, newbie question here. I have my ML1400 Communicating on an Ethernet network (Ch 1 ). I also have a pH controller that can communicate...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have an application with 12 FTView ME computers connected to a MicroLogix 1400 using Ethernet. My application works fine but the reaction...
Replies
Views
I am using a MicroLogix 1400 connected by Ethernet to a "private" network at work. I made an application using Studio 5000 ME on desktop...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom