GX Devoloper 8- password on project.

I have been using GX Developer for quite a while, and I had no idea that there was a password protect facility. If someone knows of it I would also be very interested how to.

GX Developer password

Hi Guys,

You need to register a keyword, i think they need to be eight characters long.

Then everytime you upload and download the project to the PLC you need to enter the keyword.

You can also add passwords to the E ange of HMI's from mitsubishi.

You go to system signals and i comands add PD12345. 12345 being the password.

Just tried that on FX2N, you have to be online with a PLC to register a keywork for that project, and then you need to enter it before you connect again works well. Thanks Tofty!

I just set up keyword with GX-Developer---no problem
After I tried to connect to PLC with Medoc-and medoc asking for password. I typed this keyword and it medoc does not accept this keyword. :confused: PLS help!

From the dropdown menu ONLINE - KEYWORD setup - keyword/Diasable /Delete. Try and disable or delete the keyword, hope this works for you.

I'm not suprised the password didn't work in MEDOC. It's been an unsupported product for years.

But one thing I would check is see if the password is case sensitive in the MEDOC software and not in GX Developer or vice versa. Or if the password rules for that PLC are different, such as HEX or numeric data only.

But there is not a way currently to password protect a project so it cannot be opened without a password. Passwords are only in the CPU. If you want to keep someone out of your projects, mark the files read only. GX Developer will not open read only files (by design) since it assumes you protected them for a reason.