op7 download

senen

hi,
i need help on this issue.i uploaded an op7 program to the pc
using simatic prosave v7.3.2.0.but when i try to download to another op7 (op 7-pp/ip 6av3 607-1jc00-oax10, i'm having this message" DOWNLOADING WAS NOT POSSIBLE BECAUSE THE HARDWARE CONFIGURATION OF THE OPERATING UNIT IS INCOMPATIBLE".the op7 is a brand new unit.

thanks,
senen

Is the error message numbered?

Are you trying to download using ProSave too?

I've never used the OP7's, could firmware version be an issue?

If it is a new op7 I think you have to, while powering it up, use the screen or buttons to change it to transfer mode. Siemens uses download to go from PC to device. I have only used Protool when working with an OP7, trying to find the manual now.

hi,
i read more thread and there is an issue about this message.i'm new about op7 and i thought there are all the same.the op7 program that i uploaded is from op7-dp and i'm trying to download it to an op7 7-pp.
sorry for my stupidity.i should research more about this.

thanks,
senen

The only differences that I can see are that the PP requires a serial download and the DP requires MPI or Profibus.

If you are trying to download through ProSave, do you have any communications options besides serial? You will probably only have these options if you have a PC Adapter, or a communications processor. If you have an MPI/Profibus option try it.

As far as I can tell, the project itself shouldn't be different for a PP or a DP (other than maybe the communicaition partner). Protool doesn't list options for converting a project from an OP7 PP to an OP7 DP.

Do you have a PC with a communications processor, or a serial or USB MPI adapter? It may be as easy as picking that option to download to the new panel.

If this has to communicate with a non-Siemens panel, you will have to replace it and get a PP.

Last edited:
Hi,
PP panels support other protocols for other PLC's ie AB,Telemechanique etc only!

DP and PP models are not interchangeable due to the Hardware differences between these units.

You will need either another DP model or i believe a DP12 will work also

Hope this helps

hi,
we have two application program using op7. op7-pp the program is for s5 plc. the other op7 which is op7 -dp we used it for s7-200 plc.i have a .psr backup program for s5 plc and i downloaded it to the op7-pp and the download is sucessful.we just order another op7 which is op7-dp and i'll let you know what will be the outcome.
thanks again,
senen