Siemens OP7 $620 Programming error

bambam79

I have a customer who had a faulty Siemens OP7.

They sourced a replacement. They have the original program.

I downloaded the program to the replacement OP7 which downloads with no errors

When the HMI starts the error appears "$620 Programming error"

I can download the same program to the old OP7 (which has a faulty shift key) and it works with no errors.

Both screens are identical (6AV3 607-1JC20-0AX1) :confused:

Program attached.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brett

In the manual for OP7, I find this description of system error 620:
Cause: Illegal keyboard ID: module number too high or number of keys does not match keyboard ID.
Remedy: Enter configuration to match hardware.
The above does not make much sense to me if the program works on one OP7 but not on another identical OP7.

Does the application start ?
Is the message not a system message, but a user-programmed message ? It could be that it is a user-programmed message that is triggered in the S7 PLC by OB121 'PROG_ERR'.
That does not explain why the message appears on one OP7 but not the other.

Is the firmware the same on both panels ? I think the firmware version is displayed at power-on of the panel.

The 6AV3 607-1JC20-0AX1 is actually an OP7/DP. So, the connection to the PLC is via Profibus.
It could be that the message is triggered by a Profibus problem. Maybe the message is a bit misleading.
On the rear of the panel there are some switches. Are they set identical on both panels ?

Possibly a firmware issue?

I've not used an OP7, but I would assume that you would be able to use an older firmware in your program than on the panel, but not older firmware on the panel to what is specified in the program.

I can download the same program to the old OP7 (which has a faulty shift key) and it works with no errors.
I assumed that you use Protool to download the program. But maybe you are actually downloading an image with Prosave ?
If with Protool, the firmware version should be checked by the transfer dialog.
Not sure what happens when you download an image with Prosave. Maybe the firmware gets loaded, maybe not.
OP7 is very very obsolete.

I used protool v6.0 SP 3.

I also thought the firmware. The only number I can see when the boot up is 1.03?

The dip switches are in the default postion on both panels. Profibus DP - RTS at Pin 4

I dont have a keyboard to replace the "new" OP7s with otherwise I would try that.

If you have the Protool project, it's probably best to convert it to a newer HMI. OP77 was the direct replacement, but it's also obsolete.

Today you would go with the Comfort Panels. The closest replacement is a KP400 panel. There is a migration path that goes from OP7 to OP77 (using WinCC flexible to upgrade) and OP77 to KP400 (using WinCC Comfort in TIA Portal).

What PLC is it communicating with? Most likely it's an S7-300 PLC.