Connection between Matlab and Simatic

marcin

I’m writting now my master thesis : „ Simulation Software Employment in Controller Settings for PLC” . I must connect Matlab(Simulink) and Simatic S300 using a DDE link. PLC is connected with PC by MPI/RS232 cable. I have also this software : INAT DDE Server MPI PPI(demo version).

I find special software for this type connection between Simulink and Simatic -MATLAB/SIMULINK-DDE-Client (Siemens) but it cost 1.500 Eur!! :( I know that it can be done using for example INAT DDE Server, but I can’t find any helpful information.

I thought that I done this in that way: I’ll build in Simulink model of some object (something described by transfer function) and then I create PID controller for this object. Next I connect only my object with PID controller in Simatic and compare effect. But here I have problem: What I need to do to connect this in that way : Model will be made in matlab, PID in Step7 and everything will be works. How to configure Matlab to send data directly to controller in PLC (add some block in Simulink?, or??)

I will be grateful for any information.

Best wishes

MN